Upcoming Events ← Back to full list
Dates & Times:
Coronado SAFE: Coffee TalkMarch 9, 2015
CUSD Board Room 201 6th Street, Coronado, CA 92118(map)
Ever wonder about how technology and video-games impact the development of your children?
Then join us at the next Coffee Talk where Dr. Andrew Doan will present “End Game: Winning in the Digital Age”.
As a recognized expert in technology and video game addiction, Dr. Andrew Doan will identify:
- Common behavioral side-effects of technology
- Patterns in technology use that can result in isolation, anxiety, and depression
- What is constitutes excessive behavior
- Emotional dysfunction due to excessive technology, social media and video games
- How addiction behavior in one area can lead to other addictions
Parents will learn:
- Ways to mitigate the risks of technology in children
- How to re-engage kids into the real world
- The importance of video game ratings and what they should be monitoring
CDR. Andrew Doan, MD, PhD is the head of the US Navy’s Dept. of Mental Health Addictions & Resilience Research. He earned his medical degree and a doctoral degree in neuroscience at The Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine. He is author of The Biggest 24 and Hooked on Games.