Kindergarten Registration for Fall 2018

Kindergarten Registration Image

This registration link is only for new kindergarten students who have not already attended preschool in the Coronado Unified School District.  If your child has attended preschool at Silver Strand School or Crown Preschool of ECDC, please contact our office at 619-522-8923 for a separate link for returning students.

Kindergarten Pre-Registration for the 2018-19 School Year

April 3-6, 2018

199 Sixth Street
Coronado, CA 92118

If you have a child who is eligible to attend kindergarten at ECDC in the fall, you can register them for school during kindergarten pre-registration week April 3-6!  Kindergarten pre-registration for the 2017-18 school year will begin the week of April 3, 2017. Pre-registration will then continue for traditional and transitional kindergarten students through June 29th; and then resume when our school office opens in early August- please see our website calendar.

In addition to registering online, parents are required to complete the registration process in our school office and provide the required paperwork listed below.  Information regarding our new online system will be posted on our website soon. 

Hours for registration are as follows:  9:00am-3:00pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. (closed for lunch from 12:30-1:30) and 9:00-1:00, Wednesday.

Admission to Traditional Kindergarten:  A child shall be admitted to Traditional Kindergarten if the child will have his or her 5th birthday on or before SEPTEMBER 1, 2018.

Admission to Transitional Kindergarten:  All children who will have their 5th birthday between September 2-December 2, 2018, must be admitted to a Transitional Kindergarten class. 

Required for Registration:  Parents must provide an original birth certificate, passport or baptismal record verifying date of birth, a current original immunization record, School Entry Health Exam (forms available in the school office) and any two of the following documents as proof of residency:

o Property Tax payment receipt with address

o Rental property contract, lease, or payment receipt

o Utility bill (current)

o Payroll Stub (current)

o Voter Registration

o Any correspondence from a government agency

o Auto Registration

Joint Residency/Caregiver Affidavit: Individuals who request Joint Residency and/or Caregiver approval to enroll students into schools in the Coronado Unified School District must follow procedures to document proof of residency. All forms must be completed and documentation provided before students may register. Please contact Terri Freepartner at our District Office, (619)522-8900, ext. 1021, to obtain guidelines and forms.

Interdistrict Transfer Agreements:  If you reside in a district other than the Coronado Unified School District and are inquiring about an Interdistrict Transfer agreement, please click here for detailed information.

For additional information, please contact Holly Gaughan at ECDC at (619)522-8923.

Helpful Links for Parents:

Click on this link for more information on Transitional Kindergarten